ICT Expo 2014
The 6th edition of ICT Expo was held from Saturday 19 to Sunday 20 April 2014 at the Bel Air Social Welfare Centre. ICT Expo is in line with the mission of the NCB which is to promote the development of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Mauritius.
The National Computer Board has so far organized 5 ICT Expos with the aim to create more awareness on emerging technologies and to bring ICT closer to the rural communities. The ICT Expos were held at the following places :
• Riv. des Anguilles Community Centre ( 6 & 7 August 2011) which attracted some 5,000 visitors;
• Riv. du Rempart Youth Centre (20 & 21 August 2011) which attracted some 7,500 visitors;
• Rajcoomar Gujadhur SSS, Flacq (14 & 15 April 2012) which attracted some 6,000 visitors;
• Centre Vieux Moulin, Rose Belle (13 & 14 April 2013) which attracted some 4,500 visitors;
• Farmers Service Centre, Goodlands (27 & 28 July 2013) which attracted some 4,500 visitors; and
• Bel Air Social Welfare Centre (19 & 20 April 2014) which attracted some 1,500 visitors.
• ICT Exhibition (Orange, VJ Computers Ltd, HM Rawat, Central Business Equipment (CBE), RRJ Learning Centre, Mauritius Post Ltd, Mauritius
Broadcasting Corporation (MBC), National Computer Board (NCB)
• ICT Job Fair (ISDP of the NCB);
• Free Internet and ICT Awareness;
• Gaming Zone; and
• Jumping Castle for Kids.
Entrance was Free of Charge.