The National Computer Board (NCB) and the Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation (MTCI), in collaboration with the Rodrigues Regional Assembly (RRA), have so far organized 5 editions of Infotech Rodrigues. The objectives of the event are to create more awareness on emerging technologies and to bring ICT closer to Rodriguans.
Infotech Rodrigues will be incorporated in the “Semaine de l’Informatique” in Rodrigues which will start on Monday 31 July 2017. ICT Week will comprise short awareness and lab sessions devoted to Technopole, Education Tour, Cyber Security, Internet of Things, Atelier Coding, Web Cup Junior and Workshop on ISO 27001 Information Security Standard Implementation.
Infotech Rodrigues is in line with the mission of the NCB and the Government, which is to promote the development of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Mauritius and Rodrigues.
The Exhibition will be held from 4 to 6 August 2017 and will be open to the public as follows:
• Friday 4 Aug: 09:00 hrs to 15:00 hrs
• Saturday 5 Aug : 09:00 hrs to 15:00 hrs
• Sunday 6 Aug : 09:00 hrs to 15:00 hrs
Entrance to Infotech Rodrigues is FREE and Free Bus shuttles will be provided on Sunday 6 Aug.
- Mauritius Telecom
- Courts Mammouth
- Yasin Mobile Shop
- Leal Communications & Informatics
- Fast Click Ltd
- Qwerty Solutions Ltd
- Central Business Equipment (CBE)
- VJ Computer Ltd
- National Computer Board
- Mauritius Post Ltd
- State Informatics Ltd
Sponsors for Infotech Rodrigues 2016
- Malabar from (August 2016): 12,000 visitors
- Mont Lubin College, Mont Lubin (November 2015): 11,000 visitors
- Basile Allas Government School, Port Mathurin (August 2014): 11,000 visitors.
- Basile Allas Government School, Port Mathurin (August 2013): 11,000 visitors.
- Regional Cultural Leisure Centre, Mount Plaisir (November 2012): 10,000 visitors.
NCB Activities for the “Semaine de l’Informatique”
Furthermore, during the “Semaine de l’Informatique” from 31 July 2017 to 6 August 2017, the NCB will carry out the following activities:
Coding sessions (Scratch) : 3 sessions in Laboratoire Informatique at Malabar as well as during Infotech to spark the interest of our young learners for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) subjects and contribute to increase the number of students opting for Science and Computer Subjects at Secondary and Tertiary Levels;