Following the satisfaction of exhibitors and large visitor turnout for the six previous editions of Infotech Rodrigues, the National Computer Board (NCB), operating under the aegis of the Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation (MTCI), is organising the 7th edition of Infotech Rodrigues, in collaboration with the Rodrigues Regional Assembly (RRA), to create more awareness on emerging technologies and to bring ICT closer to Rodriguans.
Furthermore, the RRA is organizing an ICT Week from the 1st August 2018 to the 5th August 2018 whereby several activities related to ICT will be organized including Infotech Rodrigues.
The exhibition will be held on 3, 4 and 5 August 2018 at Malabar and will be open to the public as follows:
· Friday 3 August 2018: from 10:00 to 15:00 hrs
· Saturday 4 August 2018: from 10:00 to 15:00 hrs
· Sunday 5 August 2018: from 10:00 to 15:00 hrs
The main components of Infotech Rodrigues 2018 will comprise:
• ICT Exhibition (ICT companies, including ISPs, operating in Mauritius and Rodrigues will be displaying their products and services)
• Virtual Reality demo;
• Initiation to Coding for kids; and
• Awareness sessions on 3D Printing.
Sales to the public will be allowed in the event.
Entrance to Infotech Rodrigues 2018 will be FREE of charge.
Free bus shuttles will be provided on Sunday 5 August 2018.
Exhibitors of Infotech Rodrigues 2018:
1 Mauritius Telecom
2 Courts Mammouth
3 Yasin Mobile Shop
4 Leal Communications & Informatics Ltd
5 Fast Click Ltd
6 Qwerty Solutions Ltd
7 Central Business Equipment (CBE)
8 VJ Computer Ltd
9 Mauritius Post Ltd
10 National Computer Board for Coding & 3D Printing
11 HTC for Virtual Reality Demo
12 Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation (Rodrigues)
ICT Week Workshop
Workshop on Open Data
The workshop will be conducted on 2 days i.e. Wednesday 1st August 2018 and Thursday 2nd August 2018 from 09:00 hrs to 11:00 hrs. The target audience will be Senior staff, including IT staff, of all Commissions and Statistics Unit who are involved in compiling and posting data. It will be similar, albeit on a smaller scale, of the workshop done in Mauritius.
Workshop on 3D Printing
The workshop will be conducted on Thursday 2nd August 2018 from 13:00 hrs to 15:00 hrs. The target audience will be secondary schools students, SMEs and entrepreneurs. Some 100 attendees are expected to attend the workshop.
Past Editions of Infotech Rodrigues
· Regional Cultural Leisure Centre, Mount Plaisir (November 2012) : 10,000 visitors
· Basile Allas Government School, Port Mathurin (August 2013) : 11,000 visitors.
· Basile Allas Government School, Port Mathurin (August 2014) : 11,000 visitors.
· Mt Lubin College, Mt Lubin (November 2015): 11,000 visitors
· Malabar (August 2016): Over 11,000 visitors
· Malabar (August 2017): Over 11,000 visitors