Since 1995, the National Computer Board (NCB) has been organising Infotech in Mauritius with the aims of creating awareness on emerging technologies, bridging the digital divide and providing a platform for local ICT operators to develop business opportunities with potential technology partners and customers. The NCB has so far organised 24 editions of Infotech. Infotech has gathered momentum over the years to become the largest annual ICT event of Mauritius, drawing a visitor turnout of around 100,000.
Infotech is organised with the objectives to:
· Provide information on developments and achievements in the ICT sector;
· Create awareness on emerging technologies;
· Demonstrate and promote local talents, expertise, know-how and export potential;
· Sensitise on the potential applications of ICT and choice of technology for effective business and individual solutions;
· Offer a meeting platform for local ICT operators to develop collaboration and deals with potential technology partners and customers;
· Sensitise on career opportunities and facilitate the recruitment process in the ICT sector; and
· Facilitate commercial exchanges.
The NCB, operating under the Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation, will be organising the 25th edition of Infotech from Thursday 30 August 2018 to Sunday 2 September 2018 at the Swami Vivekananda International Convention Centre (SVICC), Pailles.
Entrance to Infotech is FREE.
FREE bus shuttles will be available to the public from Victoria & Immigration stations (Port Louis) and Place Margeot (Rose Hill) during the four days of the exhibition.
Opening Dates & Hours
Infotech will be open to the public as follows:
• Thursday 30 August 2018 10:00 to 19:00
• Friday 31 August 2018 10:00 to 19:00
• Saturday 1 September 2018 10:00 to 20:00
• Sunday 2 September 2018 10:00 to 19:00
Infotech 2018 will have the following components:
• ICT Exhibition;
• InnovTech Conference;
• InnovTech Demo Areas;
• 3D Printing;
• Virtual Reality;
• E-Gov Services; and
• Gaming Zone.